Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bam! And just like that...

...I went from no options to two. I wonder what the Lord means by taking summers to do things in me. I feel like I lived this summer more in peace than last. Emotionally, I was all over the place last summer. This summer, though I have cried, prayed, and wrestled, I've been more peaceful. I've been calmer.

This past week, I made some difficult decisions. It is NOT in my nature to rush decisions. If anything, I take as much time as possible, gathering "research," thinking, asking advice, praying, and reading the word. I had in my hand two options. And I'm still reeling from the choice I made. I'm still not sure, and peace was no where to be found, whether with one job or the other.

Factors: One job had benefits after 90 days, full-time pay, and was dealing with products that I'm interested in. The other, no benefits, part-time, and in a field that I struggled with the year before. And I still have misgivings for going with "the other." But I know that at least, I trust the Lord to make my paths straight if I acknowledge Him in my ways. My heart aches though.

What makes the situations particularly difficult? My lack of excitement. I am not enthused. I am demure. And I am, to be truthful, a mixture of thankful and depressed. I feel more lost than ever. The comforting thought that I had this summer was that if I was certified, I could teach abroad, at least, if I ever get into the mission field abroad. And in this way, I could remind myself that I would be serving the Lord in continuing my education. LOANS are a mighty issue too - something I didn't want or need more of. Even thinking about it now saddens me.

The worst part of everything, past the prospect of debt, is the thought that I might have made the wrong decision. But it helps that I have a wonderful church home and a place to live. I wish things were more "perfect" - that I was more "perfect," but I am learning contentment in all things, and what better place and time to learn that than when you sit in the least optimal situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment