Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Traveling...

In scouring what I want to do and who I want to be, my dream is to travel. And take photographs of beautiful places. Sometimes I think I want to be famous. I love those Globe Trekker videos so much - I love the history, the destinations, everything. I like the travel channel. But I find it hard to watch when I'm here an someone else is there.

A friend was selected for an amazing internship - and she's simply an amazing person herself, but I find myself so jealous! :) She's living a dream I want to be in! But it gets me thinking, how can I get out there, traveling? I thought about being a flight attendant for the benefits. I remember when I was hired as a teacher, thinking 4 months in, how did I get here? Was this what I wanted? And I thought, no, this wasn't the plan - I was just gonna be a flight attendant so I could travel. I wanted to purchase an expensive camera so I could take the shots I wanted.

But those dreams don't pay the bills. And another tug on my heart was full-time ministry. Yeah, that doesn't pay the bills either. But it's so hard with dreams on delay. I think, lately, I've been needing to do some good old-fashioned praying. I've read and I've listened to sermons, but I think I need to get in the prayer closet and pray. I need the glimmer of hope and I want to live life for Jesus, and I don't think that means being depressed all the time (unless you are the prophet Jeremiah).

1 comment:

  1. I know that things may seem uncertain and unclear right now, but I think that God will show you the way. I have been and will continue to pray that God shows you the direction in which you need to go. Perhaps it will be a process rather than a short answer, ya know? I love you girl! I hope we can get together soon. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete